Youthbuild North Central
The goal of YouthBuild is to give young adults the tools to get a good job and keep it. YouthBuild works to develop the capacity of young adults to be responsible members of their families and communities by:
- Strengthening educational backgrounds
- Teaching marketable skills and entrepreneurship
- Instilling leadership values that relate to home, work and community.
YouthBuild participants earn money while they get valuable hands-on experience building quality houses. This work is reinforced with classroom instruction, job shadowing and personal guidance. GED preparation and testing is another key component of the program. Out-of-school youth ages 16 to 24 are eligible to apply. The program lasts between six to ten months.
The students are also provided with Entrepreneurship Education through a mixture of classroom and on-the-job settings. The goal of YouthBuild’s Entrepreneurship Program is to provide a new set of skills to participants —
skills they could use to start a new business themselves or to bring “entrepreneurship” to a job in small business, the most likely source of their future employment.
The future success of our region depends on the skills and
YouthBuild is a program supported by DOL-YouthBuild, Region VII Workforce Investment Board, the Benedum Foundation, DHHR and YouthBuild USA.character of our youth. Through the YouthBuild program, the Randolph County Housing Authority is giving young adults the tools to get a good job and keep it.
- Since YouthBuild began in 1995, more than 200 youth have participated in the program.
- YouthBuild participants have constructed more than 15 quality, affordable homes.
- Most YouthBuild graduates move on to a sustainable job.
- The majority of YouthBuild participants have earned their GED.
Downloand our YouthBuild Program Flyer - Click Here